Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I gotta let it go...

So, I found myself interested in this guy. This particular young man came into my life at a time when I was ending something with someone else. I naively interpreted his arrival in my life as a divinely sent rescue mission. I was under the belief he would save me from the hurt I felt in losing the guy I wanted to be with. I became intrigued by him and needlessly to say, it didn't take long for me to start to develop feelings for him. In retrospect, my initial feelings for him were displaced. I was still very much wrapped up in my failed attempt with the previous guy, so I tried to immerse myself in this new situation I was in... The end result was not favorable for me. After what seemed like a good start, things between us became stagnant and eventually dissolved into nothingness. I would love to say I was completely wronged by him and hold no accountability for the way everything happened, but there's no use in lying about it. I definitely set myself up for disappointment by not being honest with myself. I quickly saw he didn't see us in the way I did yet I continued to play the game in hopes that things would change. I stupidly made allowances for his inexcusable behavior... ALL BECAUSE I WAS FEELING GUILTY FOR MISTAKES I MADE IN MY LAST RELATIONSHIP. My guilt drove me to waste 4 months of my life hopelessly devoted to a guy who I wasn't in a relationship with. Perhaps all this wouldn't be such a huge blow to my morale if I didn't just find out that not only does he have a girlfriend now, but he'd been a whore the whole time I was dealing with him. It just puts everything in perspective now...

No comments:

Post a Comment